What Causes Damp or Humid Basements in Northern Virginia?
Moisture problems in your basement are not only annoying but can lead to health problems. Mold and mildew can grow quickly in dark places, especially in Northern VA basements where there’s a lot of rainfall. This is dangerous because mold spores can get into the air you breathe and cause serious health issues like:
- Throat irritation
- Eye irritation
- Nasal stuffiness
- Skin irritation
- Lung disease
None of these are healthy in the long term and can even lead to death in extreme cases. Don’t continue to risk your family’s health by not waterproofing your basement.
Moisture can enter your basement in several ways such as:
- Water from excessive rainfall
- Interior moisture sources such as bathrooms, cooking, humidifiers
- Exterior humid air that enters the basement and condenses on cooler surfaces
While many of these are natural and can’t be controlled, they can be maintained with the proper equipment. Let the professionals at Basement Masters Waterproofing give you a no-cost evaluation to find the cause of your basement issues and give you a solution.
Solutions for Damp or Humid Basements in Northern Virginia
Basement Masters Waterproofing offers several waterproofing methods for your Northern Virginia home. These solutions include:
- Interior drainage – Our interior drainage system uses a perforated pipe that is installed along the interior footings of the basement. This drainage pipe is attached to the sump pump system which drains the water away from the basement and foundation.
- Exterior drainage – Our exterior drainage system uses a perforated pipe that is installed along the outside of the exterior footings. Then the pipe is covered with crushed stone. As water passes over the trench, it filters through the stone and into the pipe. The pipe then drains the water away from the foundation.
- Water management system
- Sump pump – Sump pumps are necessary to carry the water away from the basement. As the sump pit fills, the pump turns on and the water is pumped to an area away from the basement and foundation.
- Sump pit
- Vapor barrier
- Epoxy injections – Our epoxy injections fill cracks in the walls and floors so that water cannot enter. These epoxy injections also strengthen the cracks so that they won’t crack again.
- Wall crack repair
Trust Our Team
Basement Masters Waterproofing has over 25 years of experience in basement waterproofing and foundation repair. We are locally owned and operated so you will get the personalized attention that you deserve. We have established an outstanding reputation in Northern Virginia and intend to keep it that way. If you have a damp or humid basement, let Basement Masters Waterproofing fix it for you. Contact us today!